Leaders come from every corner of Metro Vancouver. They inspire others with their desire to make people’s lives better. Leadership Giving is the fastest growing area of United Way’s Workplace Campaign. In 2011, leadership donations accounted for 26% of all contributions for our Workplace Campaign.
Benefits of being a Leadership donor
- You give, we match - New and current Leadership donors ($1,000+) may have an opportunity to have 100% of their gift matched through the Philanthropists’ Circle gift matching program. That’s double the donation and twice the impact. Does your gift qualify?
- Regular updates about how your gift is making a difference. Read the latest United Way Leaders eNewsletter now.
- Opportunity to participate in meaningful volunteer opportunities such as 'Day of Caring'
- Recognition in in the annual United Way Honour Roll - Salute to Leadership Donors
The impact of giving at the Leadership level:
- $1,000 provides 100 special hampers of emergency food for at-risk pregnant women
- $2,500 enables 113 school-age children to participate in a program that teaches them how to prevent bullying in their schools
- $5,000 helps 34 vulnerable seniors from the Downtown Eastside fight isolation and loneliness and connects them with their community
- $7,500 connects 67 at-risk Aboriginal parents and young children to valuable support services in inner-city East Vancouver
A loyal Leadership donor
Eilis Courtney is the Director of Ceremonies and Events at UBC. She has been a loyal United Way Leadership donor for over 16 years and has been a part of the UBC United Way campaign for over 20 years, as both a donor and a volunteer.
In this short video, Eilis shares her reasons for giving and why she cares about her community.
Become a Leader
For more information about Leadership Giving, contact Donna MacIntosh at 604.268.1300 ext. 2206 or speak with your workplace Employee Campaign Chair.